If you are running a blog on any platform be it WordPress.com, WordPress.org, blogger etc you must use the newsletter to keep a connection with your readers to convert them into your loyal followers. In today’s fast-changing technical environment where Search engines and social media sites are changing their strategies very frequently, you must use Newsletter Emails for your blog to continuously widening your reader base and keep them loyal.
On WordPress, it is easily possible as there are a number of WordPress plugins to create and send newsletter Emails.
List of WordPress Plugins for Creating Newsletter Subscription Forms :
1. The Newsletter Plugin –
It is one plugin which offers an all-out solution for your newsletter requirements. You can create an effective newsletter subscription form on this plugin as well as you can send newsletters and also track them. It also shows you the statistics for your newsletter plugin. It is a free plugin with basic features but also available as a premium plugin with additional features.
2. Email Subscribers & Newsletters –
This plugin is a complete solution for your newsletter worries. It singlehandedly can handle everything from creating subscriber list to send and track the Emails. It can be easily integrated with Icegram & Rainmaker to work it really efficiently. Unlike The Newsletter plugin, it is completely free with all its advanced features like Automated email updates on new posts.
Things To Consider While Making A Newsletter Subscription Form:
While you are placing a Newsletter Subscription form you must remember the following things:
- Newsletter subscription form must not have unnecessary fields like name, contact no. etc. It should only come with one field for Email Id. People usually don’t like to fill information which they don’t feel is necessary for the purpose.
- It should be placed at a location where it is easily visible and accessible from any type of device like – desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile phone.
- If you are planning the form to be put up in a Pop-up, plan it very delicately as pop-ups sometimes become very irritating and push the visitor out of your website.
- Pop us must only come once in a day maximum. If visitors close the popup it must not come again till the next day.
- If visitors fill the pop-up form, it must not be displayed to him again.
- Newsletter optin can be made part of another form like a Registration form or query form, thus not creating any additional burden and will increase the probability of subscription. This optin can be put like a checkbox below the form. If a visitor clicks this checkbox while filling the form, it will get subscribed to the newsletter also automatically.