If you are runing a blog, you definitely understand the utility of Newsletters. It is one tool which is widely used to keep the readerbase engaged with the new content and updates. Usually people doesn’t take it very seriously and rely too much on SEO and social media. But be aware that SEO and Social Media are owned by different companies and any sudden change in their policy may reflect in loss of your reader base. To protect your existing reader base you can make use of Newsletter.
How to collect Email Ids for sending News Letter –
You should keep a nice and easy to navigate call to action button which leads to a subscription form. Once the visitors fill this form he/she should be registered in your email subscriber list. You may also run a Social media campaign to collect the subscribers Email Ids. Also you can gather data from various agencies, make sure the data you receive is relevant to the niche you are targeting by your blog.
Things to remember while sending News Letter –
You should follow some basic techniques while sending a News Letter :
- The content of the news letter should be crisp as people don’t spend much time in reading Emails.
- It should convey about the updates and new content on your blog in as less number of wrods as possible.
- It should also have nice graphical content and link to the respective content on your blog.
- Don’t keep an offer link in the news letter as it might land your mail in to Promotion section.
- Email Ids where you are sending the mails are to be properly checked and should atleast be 80% genuine. Sending mails to too many bogus Ids will make your sender Email ID blacklisted.
- Use tools like Mailchimp to analyse the statistics of your Email campaign. By using these tools you get to know about the open rate, click rate and other vital data about your News Letter Email.
- If you are sending a HTML based Newsletter make sure that the Email template is mobile responsive and doesn’t contain elements which slows down the loading of your mail.
- Use compressed images in the mail to keep it light weight.
- Reason as to why someone is in your Newsletter mailing list should be mentioned in your mail, which is mandatory by Mail services else your mail might be found in spam box.
- Do keep an unsubscribe button to let the users choose to unsubscribe from your Newsletter mailing list. It is necessary as per Mail Service guidelines. If not followed your mails might end up falling in spam box.