If you don’t do your SEO well, your website will just become one more lost document on internet. Wordpress in itself is also a very good platform for SEO, but is not enough in todays competitive environment. A number of WordPress SEO plugins are available. It becomes confusing which one to use. Let us help you to decide. We are discussing the best of the WordPress plugins for SEO.
List of WordPress SEO plugins –
1. Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin –
It is the most popular WordPress plugin for SEO. It is available in Free as well as in premium version. Its free version also is very effective and can make your website truly an SEO powerhouse. It offers basic functionalities like Sitemap generation, meta tag options like keywords, description etc with advance features like focus keyword, internal link suggestions etc.
Author – Team Yoast
Rating – 5 /5
Installations – 5 million +
Subscription Type – Basic Version is free, Premium at $ 89 one time.
How to install & Use – Go to your WordPress admin panel and search for Yoast SEO. Click for install and then activate it. You will find a new tab in the left sidebar of your admin panel below the Settings tab –SEO. Manage the setting as per the requirements.
Main Features – Some major features are listed here :
- It gives you onpage SEO suggestions while you create a page run time. It keep analysing your webpage on best SEO practice standards and suggest you the changes you should make your site complaint to them. It gives various SEO and readability status to the webpage like – Needs Improvement (Red), Ok(Orange) & Good(Green) etc. Once you get the green signal on SEO status, you can rest assured that your webpage is following the best of the SEO standards.
- It also helps you create a Sitemap of your website. It can create a multipart XML file for sitemap of your website. This sitemap is ready to submitted to all major search engines.
- It also provides you options to setup Title and Description meta tags for a webpage and also for the home page.
- It manages the redirects automatically as you delete a page.
- It also offers social options for SEO.
Where to find – Click here
Check out the video tutorial about Yoast SEO :
2. All in One SEO Pack –
After Yoast SEO, it is the most popular SEO plugin. It also offers all basic as well as advance features for SEO purpose. It is available as free as well as premium plugin. All basic SEO requirement are fulfilled in free version too.
Author – Michael Torbert
Rating – 4.3 / 5
Installations – 3 million +
Subscription Type – Basic Version is free, Premium at $ 57 annually.
How to install & Use – Go to your WordPress admin panel and search for All in One SEO pack. Click for install and then activate it. You will find a new tab in the left sidebar of your admin panel below the Settings tab – All in One SEO. Manage the setting as per the requirments.
Main Features – Major features of All in One SEO pack are :
- Meta tags like Title, description & Keywords can be setup as per the page content.
- Sitemap can be generated from the settings.
- Social options for SEO are also available.
- Robot txt file can be managed from the settings page
- Built in API, so other plugin and themes can extend its functionality.
- It is translated into 7 languages.
- It is 100% compatible with PHP 7 and latest version of WordPress.
Where to find – Click here
Check out the video tutorial about All in One SEO pack :
3. The SEO Framework –
It is also one of the best SEO plugin for WordPress. With 30,000+ installs and 5/5 ratings it also seems to be a bit popular but very less in comparison to Yoast SEO and All in One SEO pack. It also offers almost similar features but is not very accurate.